University of London Preparatory Course
The BSc Accounting with Law will give you a deep understanding of the importance and role of law in business context – as well as an understanding of the principles of accounting. This added focus on law will widen the application of your accounting skills to include legal aspects of business.
This degree is recommended if…
- You wish to pursue a career in accounting.
- You would like to work in areas of commerce such as insurance, banking, sales and marketing.
- You are considering working as a company secretary.
What are my career options?
Career options for accounting with law graduates are wide as the degree offers dual areas of specialisations. Opportunities include general management in commerce, business or government, taxation and insolvency work or as assistant accountants in a range of companies.
Conduct of Courses
Courses will be conducted through classroom lectures and tutorials.
Admission RequirementsStandard Entry
- At least 17 years of age on or before 30 November in the year of registration
- Minimum 2 GCE A-levels H2 and 3 GCE O-levels
The degree consists of 12 courses when taken through the Standard Route.
|LA1031||Legal System and Method|
|LA2001||Principles of Accounting|
|LA3002||Business and Management in a Global Context|
|LA3021||Equity and Trusts|
|LA3021||Auditing and Assurance|
|12 courses to graduate|
(1) Formative assessment for Common Law Reasoning and Institutions is conducted through an online research assessment. A case note needs to be submitted online to the university which will be a prerequisite for attempting Part A of the examination. Failure to submit the case note by the due date will result in failure of Part A of the examination. There is no formative assessment for the other courses. (2) Summative assessment for all courses is through a 3 hour unseen written examination set by the University of London. The examination is held in May/June each year.
Requirements for GraduationStandard Entry
Each degree through the Standard Route consists of 12 full courses. To be considered for the award, students must attempt and pass every element of the assessment for all 12 full courses.
Intake & Duration
|Full-Time (evening):||26 June 2017 - 12 January 2018|
|Duration (per year):||6 Months|
|Number of Years:||1|
|Full-Time:||1 is to 30|
|Part-Time:||1 is to 30|
|Stansfield Course Fees|
|Tuition Fees (Part-Time):||$||5,885|
|Tuition Fees (Full-Time):||$||6,955|
|University of London Fees (Per Academic Year)|
|First year of study|
|Fee per module||£||107|
|Application & Initial registration fee||£||816|
|Examination fee (four full courses)||£||816|
|Following years of study (for Resit/Degree)|
|Continuing registration fee||£||368|
|Examination fee (four full courses)||£||800|